Chief Information Official: No Military Post in Tripa Peat Swamp
Wednesday, August 01, 2012 17:30 WIB
TAUFAN MUSTAFA | Foto : WALHI ACEH
BANDA ACEH – The Chief of Information of Aceh’s Iskandar Muda Military Command, Col. Subagyo Irianto, denied that there was a military post in the area of Nagan Raya’s Tripa Peat Swamp.
“We have been searching there, indeed there was no military post allowed, except of District Military Command,” said Subagyo to The Atjeh Post at the residence of the Military Commander of Aceh onTuesday, July 31, 2012.
According to the Chief of Information, the military has no authority in the case of Tripa Peat Swamp. “It is not out territory to solve the problem there. Up to now, there is no involvement of the military in there,” said Subagyo.
Related to the interrogation conducted by the Sub district Military Commander in Suka Makmur sometimes ago to one of the Head of Villages, as reported by WALHI Aceh, Subagyo said that it was not related to Tripa Peat Swamp.
“The Sub district Commander stated during the investigation at the Military Commando Headquarter that he was not involving himself in the case of Tripa Peat Swamp,” said Subagyo.
According to Subagyo, the Sub district Commander was just collecting information. “It is within his capacity and also his obligation to report to the highest commander on every incident within his territory, that’s all,” he said.
The role of the Iskandar Muda Military Command is only to urged the solution of the problem.
As reported previously, the Executive Director of WALHI Aceh, TM Zulfikar, said that according their investigation, posts of the military and the police were identified around the ecosystem of Tripa Peat Swamp and that they also have the photographic evidence of the presence of those posts.
“We highly suspect that those posts are to protect the activities of the company. We have the picture,” said Zulkifli to The Atjeh Post on Saturday, June 9, 2012.